Vai Raja Vai’s audio launch happened on a rainy day in the city. That everyone braved the showers to come to the event meant a lot to the team, headed by director Aishwarya Dhanush. Profuse thanks were offered to the guests, which made all the technical mishaps that followed much easier to bear. Highlights:
- The event had many celebrity guests. Apart from the usual suspects – Dhanush, Latha Rajinikanth and Soundarya Ashwin – directors Bala, KV Anand and SJ Surya were present too.
- The film sees the children of industry heavyweights – Rajinikanth, Ilaiyaraaja, Vairamuthu and Karthik Muthuraman – come together. An audio visual was screened with a special message of thanks from all of them. Heartwarming stuff.
- Also cute was the way the Vai Raja Vai crew donned simple black t-shirts bearing the logo of the film, and with their names emblazoned on the back.
- Due to a dearth of hosts for the event – as Madhan Karky put it, “VJ Ramya is shooting for Ok Kanmani while RJ Balaji is in Pondicherry for Naanum Rowdy Dhaan” – the event had not one, but four different hosts – lyricist Madhan Karky, producer Archana Kalpathi, music composer Yuvan Shankar Raja and director Aishwarya Dhanush.
- Bala cancelled the shooting of his Thaara Thappattai for a day to attend this event. “Aishwarya was most insistent and stubborn that I come to this thing. This stubbornness is a good trait to have for a director, and it gives me hope that she will go places.”
- He also had some special advice for Aishwarya. “Work hard so that Dhanush will come and ask for your dates. Not the other way around.”
- KV Anand found Aishwarya to be very versatile. “3 was a completely different film. I’ve heard that Vai Raja Vai is a commercial film. The variety she’s showcasing is so good to see.”
- Gautham Karthik’s dancing skills for the track, Move Your Body, so impressed a member of the audience that he screamed, “Super ba“. The gentleman that he is, Gautham said, “Thank you” to appreciative laughter.
- Dhanush, lyricist of said Move Your Body track, told us that the experience of listening to Ilaiyaraaja sing his lyrics was a very emotional one. He called it his ‘fan boy moment’.
- Comedian Vivek spoke of his decade-long career in the film industry and said that he considered it a privilege to be working so long. “I’ve worked with Karthik sir and now, I’m working with his son. If I work with Gautham’s son too, I’ll consider my life complete,” he joked.