Best stories from last week. Plus, awesome photos.
- Much of the news this week was off-screen, with music maestro Ilaiyaraaja hospitalised, although thankfully, expected to be discharged soon. Meanwhile yesteryear director V Sekar was arrested on idol-smuggling charges.
- The teaser for 10 Enradhukulla was launched this week, and we got some fun photos of Vikram sporting a curvaceous moustache to go with his pink pants, while Samantha looked elegantly dashing in red, white, and black. This week also saw the launch of Rendu Idli Oru Vadai – we’re really hoping the story doesn’t live up to the title.
- From the guy who danced behind the heroes, to choreographing their every move, Shobi shared his inspirations with us, from Michael Jackson, to his father, to his industry gurus.
- Vivek Harshan took us on a journey into the moods and nuances of editing, and the artistry behind the invisible hand of the skilled editor. And from being a last-row tree on stage, to dancing with the stars, we listen very carefully to the raw truths of the rough and ready life of a backup dancer.
- This Friday, time might have ripened wine, but three years did nothing for Vaalu’s tedious ‘been there, seen that’ tale. And unfortunately, all Vasuvum Saravananum Onna Padichanvanga did was leave a bitterly unsavoury taste with its endless casteism and misogyny. Although we did relish fantasising about Vidyullekha schooling the heroes with a well-aimed punch or two. Sadly, none of that made it to the screen.