Best stories from last week. Plus, awesome photos.
- We got definitive proof that Superstar Rajinikanth’s next is going to be called Kabali, for director Pa Ranjith tweeted the news himself. Rajini will play Kabaleeswaran, a role loosely based on a real-life don. After Lingaa, Kabali aka Kabaleeswaran makes us wonder if the Superstar is being deliberately pious with his names, what with the Himalayan sojourns and all.
- The Vaalu success meet event also happened last week in which TR was visibly sick, and Simbu spoke about his wedding plans among other things.
- MR Raja Krishnana, one of the busiest sound technicians in the Southern industry granted us an interview where he told us – amid huge speakers in his movie-hall like studio – about the eloquence of silence.
- Later, Thribhuvan Vijay, who had been an AD for several films like Maattraan and Yaamirukka Bayamey, spoke to us about the important, unwritten rules on the sets. Like not giving the director (any) bad news, for instance.
- On the pictures front, we got Akshara Haasan and singer Sudha Raghunathan in a single frame at the launch of jewellery showroom, and Trisha in a lovely pinkish purple ensemble at the launch of Nayagi.
- Finally, last week’s release, Vanna Jigina, which claimed to be about the perils of social-networking, was really about the perils of being dark-skinned, with one-liners that went: “Nee karugina thiri madhiri iruka, Ava Mezhuguvathi madhiri iruka, epdi set aagum?”