The Malayalam actress who was abducted and sexually assaulted, declared via a press release last night that she had no business dealings with actor Dileep, accused of orchestrating the whole operation. She added that their friendship had gone awry, and that his arrest shocked her, too.
“I haven’t tried to make anyone an accused in the case out of personal animosity. I have not dropped any hint about any name. I had acted with this actor in several films. It is true that there had been some personal issues between us and later that friendship collapsed. There had been no property dealings or financial transactions between us, as is being spread in the media,” she said.
The survivor further added that if the person arrested (Dileep) was, in fact, guilty, then he would have to face the consequences. Else, if he is innocent as he had claimed, that would also be revealed at the earliest.
The actress was abducted and sexually assaulted on February 17, 2017, in a moving car in Kochi. Dileep, who is currently the 11th accused in the case, was arrested by the state police on July 10.
The actor had reportedly asked Pulsar Suni, the prime accused, to shoot a video of the actress, and paid him nearly Rs 2 crores for it. The Kerala police’s remand report also said that the actor held a grudge against the victim for breaking his marriage with ex-wife Manju Warrier.
Meanwhile, actor Aju Varghese may possibly face arrest for revealing the name of the actress on Facebook. Varghese had recorded a statement with the Kalamassery police in Kochi in connection with the case, and had admitted to posting the actress’s name on Facebook. He told the police that he was not aware that this was a crime. Aju also posted a message defending actor Dileep, who was facing allegations at the time.