As Indian cities shut down, Silverscreen India is putting together this constantly updating list of events that have been cancelled in the wake of Coronavirus.
March 24, 2020
- Tokyo Olympics postponed until 2021.
March 20, 2020
- The release of Ranveer Singh starrer ’83’ has been postponed indefinitely.
March 19, 2020
- The Pune Film and Television Institute of India along with the National Film Archive Of India has postponed its ‘Summer Film Appreciation Course’ to be held originally from May 5 – 31 this year.
- Cinema halls in Telengana shut till March 31.
- Suriya’s 2D Entertainment has stopped filming and post-production activities of all ongoing films till March 31st, 2020.
March 18, 2020
- Big Print Pictures suspends all administrative, post-productional and promotional activities until the situation improves.
- The shooting of Dulquer Salmaan, Aditi Rao Hydari, and Kajal Aggarwal starrer Hey Sinamika will be stalled from tomorrow, 19th March 2020.
March 17, 2020
- Producer S Sashikanth’s YNot Studios suspends all administrative, post-productional and promotional activities until the situation improves.
- Met Gala 2020 has been postponed.
March 16, 2020
- The release date of Haathi Mere Sathi/Kaadan/Aranya has been postponed. The new date is yet to be announced.
- The audio launch event of Jyotika – Parthiban starrer Ponmagal Vandal has been cancelled. The album will be launched online now.
- All cinema halls to be shut down across Tamil Nadu until March 31.
March 15, 2020
- Movie theaters in TN districts that border neighbouring states (AP, Karnataka, and Kerala) shut down till March 31. The districts include Tiruvallur, Vellore, Krishnagiri, Dharmapuri, Erode, Nilgiris, Kovai, Tiruppur, Dindigul, Theni, Virudhunagar, Nellai, Kanyakumari.
- Netflix stops the production of all projects in the US and Canada.
- The Indian Motion Pictures Producers’ Association, Federation of Western India Cine Employees and Indian Film And Television Directors Association decide to stop shooting from 19 March to 31 March.
March 14, 2020
- The release date of the Telugu movie V has been pushed to April.
- The release date of Dibakar Banerjee’s Sandeep Aur Pinky Faraar has been postponed. The new date is yet to be announced.
- The crew of Hindi film Jersey starring Shahid Kapoor has called off the shoot in Chandigarh and has returned to Mumbai.
- Cinema halls in Rajasthan to remain closed till March 30.
- Events around carnatic singer
TM Krishna’s book Sebastian and Sons that were to be held in Hyderabad and Bangalore on the 14th and 15th of March have been cancelled. This comes in the wake of an appeal from the Government to avoid any large public gathering.
March 13, 2020
- Theatres shut down in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, and Pune.
- The Karnataka government has ordered the closure of cinema halls from tomorrow, for a week, in the wake of Coronavirus.
- ‘Up Close And Personal With Salman Khan’, event featuring the star, which was to be held in the United States and Canada from April 3 to 12 has been cancelled.
- Odisha declares closure of all cinema halls.
- Lawyer-politician Abhishek Manu Singhvi’s Delhi From The Trenches book launch postponed ‘owing to the serious health concerns due to the spread of COVID-19’. It was to be held at IIC on 22 March.
- IPL postponed until April 15 in India.
- Bihar government announces closure of all cinema halls until March 31.
- Remaining two ODIs between India-South Africa to be held in Lucknow and Kolkata called off.
- Biswa Kalyan Rath cancels his stand-up tour in UK and Europe.
March 12, 2020
- Delhi closes all theatres until March 31, 2020, in the wake of the Coronavirus pandemic.
- PVR shuts down theatres in Delhi, J&K, and Kerala following government advisory.
- Release of Rohit Shetty’s Sooryavanshi postponed.
March 10, 2020
- Kerala government advises all movie halls to shut down until March 31 in the wake of Coronavirus outbreak.