Shruti Haasan is no longer a part of Sangamithra. The film’s producer, Thenandal Studios, made the announcement on Twitter earlier today.
Due to unavoidable circumstances, we are unable to proceed working with Shruti Haasan in Sangamithra.
— Sri Thenandal Films (@ThenandalFilms) May 29, 2017
A spokesperson for Sangamithra told Silverscreen:
“At this point, we are not willing to release more details. We are looking for a suitable replacement for Shruti Haasan and will make the announcement once we do.”
Shruti Haasan has been attached to the project since its announcement earlier this year. Recently, she even walked the red carpet at Cannes, where the first look of the film was released.
Jayam Ravi, Arya take on lead roles in this magnum opus that is the brainchild of Sundar C. Said to be made on a budget of Rs 250 Crores, this film is about a young princess who stops at nothing to protect her kingdom.
Update: An official press release on behalf of Shruti Haasan has just been issued.
The statement said:
“Shruti has had to unfortunately take a call not to be part of Sangamithra. Knowing it was a massive undertaking and a long commitment spanning over 2 years, she knew the importance of her training, a comprehensive script and proper date calendar.
She hired and started training with one of best combat trainers April onwards to make sure she was ready in time for shoot. Despite her enthusiasm and commitment to Sangamithra, she has had to give the film a miss since she had not received a proper bound script nor a proper date calendar. She is currently caught up with promoting her film Behen Hogi Teri, prep for Sabash Naidu and her musical associations”