Soundarya Rajinikanth’s appearance on a recent episode of Koffee With DD was controversial to say the least. A ‘joke’ she made on the show upset fans of actor Silambarsan, and the first time director had to issue a clarification. Here are some other highlights from her 40-minute appearance, where Soundarya revealed a lot more about herself than usual.
1. She went late to her own wedding. But, she made sure the shooting of Kochadaiiyaan began on time. Every day.
2. Soundarya calls her brother-in-law (Dhanush) Prabhu, a reference to his original name – Venkat Prabhu
3. She is always fighting with her sister, Aishwarya Dhanush, but in good fun.
4. After watching Kochadaiiyaan, Kamal Haasan hugged her for a good five minutes and wouldn’t let go. Actress Urvashi was overwhelmed as well.
5. Her sister might be the one named Aishwarya, but most people find Soundarya’s personality and temperament similar to Aishwarya Rai’s (much to the delight of the sub editing guy who will now use an Aishwarya Rai photo for this article).
6. Actress Andrea Jeremiah is a close friend from Soundarya’s school days. She calls Andreah Mithrama (best friend).
7.Shahrukh ji is a sweetheart and a genuine well wisher. He calls her ‘darling’ and sent her a copy of Lungi Dance to show to Rajinikanth. The budding filmmaker also offered some suggestions to Shahrukh. So that “Thalaivaa!” you hear in the song? Thank Soundarya for that.
8. Soundarya doesn’t like the Rajinikanth – Shriya Saran onscreen pair. “It’s just soo…I dont know how to say it.”
9. Would love to be stranded in an island with SS Rajamouli and Shankar. Says they will have a lot to talk about. Hmmm.
10. Firmly believes that ‘classics’ should be left alone and is strongly against re-boots of her dad’s Thalapathy, Annamalai and Baasha.
11. Soundarya would love to ‘hypothetically act’ with Ajith since she admires him a lot.