The police investigating the 2017 actor abduction and sexual assault case, on Monday, urged the Additional Special Sessions Court to seek an explanation from actor Dileep, the alleged chief conspirator in the case, regarding confidential court documents found in his mobile phone, The New Indian Express reported.
This came after the police were set to question court employees regarding the leak of the visuals of the sexual assault in the case. Filmmaker Balachandra Kumar had alleged that Dileep had watched the video of the sexual assault at his house.
The mobile phones of Dileep and his friends were seized after they were booked for allegedly conspiring to kill the police officers who investigated his involvement in the 2017 abduction and sexual assault case.
During forensic analysis, a few confidential court documents were also recovered from the actor’s phone, the police said. On March 30, the police filed a plea requesting permission to question employees of the trial court. The court had, on April 4, granted the investigating team permission to interrogate its staff.
The Kerala Crime branch had summoned cyber expert Sai Sankar for questioning. Sankar is said to have deleted data from actor Dileep‘s mobile phones. He was directed to appear before the Aluva police club on Monday afternoon for the interrogation.
Besides Shankar, the Crime Branch is once again set to question the eighth accused and actor Dileep’s brother P Anoop and brother P Anoop and brother-in-law T N Suraj on Tuesday in relation to the case. Both of them have been asked to report to the Aluva Police Club around 11 am. The duo were initially asked to appear before the Crime Branch last week which they skipped.
The interrogation of actor Kavya Madhavan, wife of actor Dileep, that was supposed to take place last week has been deferred after she insisted that the interrogation should take place at her residence in Aluva.