Kaakka Muttai and Baahubali dominated last week, and it was no surprise. So much so that our site was overflowing with all things Anushka, Tamanna and Iyshwarya Rajesh. And so without further ado, here’s a list of the best stories from the week that was. Plus some awesome photos.
1. We lay claim to the fact that we’re probably the very first to call Prabhas and Rana Daggubati – Hulk lookalikes. Literally nobody else has thought of that particular tag. So far.
2. Anushka kept it simple in a white kurta (when hasn’t she?) and yet dazzled everybody. Our photographer tells us that he didn’t even need his flash throughout the event. Such was her appearance.
3. Iyshwarya Rajesh, also a big fan of ‘keeping it simple’, was at the Kaakka Muttai press show, flush with the acclaim the movie has been receiving.
4. In a freewheeling interview, Director Manikandan spoke of his art, relying on his instincts and yes, Pizza.
5. Director Viji, on the otherhand, waxed poetic about the songs from the MSV – KV Mahadevan era; and tried valiantly to pick five of his favourite songs; from the thousands that he adores.
6. Santhanam brought his wisecracks with him to a promotional event for his Inimey Ippadithaan, which releases next week.
7. Kaakka Muttai went head to head with Krish’s debut vehicle – the interestingly titled PAPA. The former impressed, while the latter was a no-brainer.
8. Atharvaa, Anandhi and Bala were on hand to launch the audio of Chandiveeran. The music was such that our reporter couldn’t stop humming well into the night.
9. As always, the best of red carpet appearances were made into this nice little slideshow. No thanks necessary.
10. Kaakka Muttai proved itself worthy of all those National Awards and how PAPA on the other hand was offensive, regressive and well, plain unfunny.